The business intelligence space only ever gets noisier. It’s easy to lose yourself in all the tools, vendors, and data sources pushing for your attention. Our BI advisory options help you work through all these competing choices while keeping a dedicated focus on the one piece of this whole puzzle that really matters: you.
Ironside BI advisors start engagements by digging into your corporate strategy to connect with what you care about and find out why you’re searching for answers through analytics. We relate your big-picture goals to specific metrics that inspire action and growth.
Our spectrum of advisory offerings cover a range of different scopes and complexities. Whether you need a quick health check to determine how your BI environment is performing or a full technology evaluation and selection plan to find the right BI vendor, we can be your partner through the process. All our advisory engagements take place over three phases:
- Discovery: Finding the burning questions, departmental goals, existing resources, and pain points that define your organization’s BI landscape
- Analysis: Refining a set of overall priorities and identifying the resources and assets required to meet your BI goals and alleviate any pain points discovered
- Design: Creating tangible deliverables, such as gap analyses, wireframes, vendor reports, and roadmaps, that give you a clear view of how you can reach your ideal BI implementation.
Ironside’s thousands of successful implementation engagements have taken many different forms. The common thread they all share, though, is that they revolve around creating results through technical solutions that bring together airtight data management with intuitive design. Some examples include:
- Fully executing on the roadmap you established with us in a previous advisory engagement
- Installing and configuring a BI platform
- Developing metadata models/semantic layers to enable reporting
- Connecting a new or existing BI platform to your information management infrastructure, including enterprise data warehouses, data streams, cloud assets, data lakes, and many more
- Modifying and consolidating existing reports into easily consumable visualizations and dashboards
What makes us special is our ability to get in the trenches with you, roll up our sleeves, and help make the analytics plans you’ve defined into tangible assets that generate actionable results.
The simple fact is that if you want people to trust a BI solution and go to it for daily answers, then its results need to inspire clear actions. Experience design is how we help you do that. Our approach takes a proven framework from the design thinking world and finds practical ways of using it in a business context to make data accessible to stakeholders and yield valuable, interpretable results at high speed.
We’ll show you that user experience isn’t just for apps and websites. When aligned with your organization’s goals and management strategies, it becomes a business experience that gets rid of BI pain points and frees users to explore their analytics questions in an intuitive way.
Experience design adapts to many BI engagement types:
- Evaluating existing reports for transition to visualizations and dashboards
- Gathering information from organizational stakeholders to create new BI assets
- Mentoring internal resources in business experience design and design thinking principles
- Implementing the IronSense solution as a template for streamlined, actionable dashboarding
Becoming successful in the BI space is all about getting the right resources in the door at the right times. The Ironside Solution Center helps you do that through focused remote development engagements that put a team of our technical experts at your disposal to tackle a specific challenge in your BI environment. The result is a set of timely and high quality deliverables that match your needs without the expense of putting boutique consulting resources on the ground at your organization.
The Ironside Solution Center is ideal for a wide range of BI project types:
- Large-scale batch report development
- Bulk report quality assessments and fixes
- Report migrations and upgrades
- Metadata model adjustment or development
Ironside also offers several different cloud hosting and remote on-premise installation and continued maintenance/support packages for BI environments through our Managed Services practice. This gives you the freedom to focus on your BI results and explore new analysis directions while we make sure everything keeps running smoothly.