IBM Cognos 8 Advanced Reporting – Hidden Prompts
IBM Cognos 8.4 using Internet Explorer 6.0 or Higher
Step by Step Instructions
- Launch report studio, select Go Sales(query) package.
- When prompted, choose create a new report with a list template.
From the Sales(query) namespace, drag Quantity and Revenue data items from the Sales query object. Add in the Year data item from the Time dimension. Your list report should appear as follows:
- Navigate to Page Explorer -> Prompt Pages, drag in a new prompt page.
- Drag a value prompt to the prompt page, and set the parameter as “pYear” when prompted to create a new parameter in the prompt wizard .
Enter “Year” as the name of prompt object (Under properties/Miscellaneous)and click on Finish.
- Add in a text item to describe the prompt.
Under the prompt properties, add in static choices values: 2005, 2006, 2007.
- Set the data format property to number with zero decimal places.
Drag a text box prompt onto the prompt page. Set the parameter name to “pYearLess” in the wizard and set its object name to “YearLess”.
Your prompt page should now resemble the following:
- Delete the default Finish button.
- Add a HTML item after the Next prompt button.
<button class=”bp” onClick=”setYearPrompts();”>Finish</button>
var fW = (typeof getFormWarpRequest == “function” ?getFormWarpRequest() : document.forms[“formWarpRequest”]);
Navigate to the report page and add in the following filter to the report:
- Run report and you will notice that the report is actually filtered by the hidden prompt value (User selected year minus one).
Ooh! This is a good one… thank you for writing this. 🙂
Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear this is helpful.
Susan brilliant stuff, do you by any chance have all of your tech tips in form of a book that I can purchase? If so please provide name and site where I can purchase.