Ironside Group heads South for Predictive Analytics 101 Roadshow
On Febuary 22, 2012 Ann Winblad, a Silicon Valley titan indicated that “data is the new oil” and “predictive analytics is the next big thing”
Today, most organizations use business intelligence to understand what and why things happened in the past. Business imperatives are increasingly driving organizations to look forward and use their data to improve decision accuracy. This is the promise of predictive analytics, yet many organizations believe heavy statistical skill sets are required before taking on this next phase of business analytics. Guided wizards and other SPSS usability advances make predictive analytics available to a much broader group of BUSINESS USERS TODAY than most realize. Gartner’s CIO study for the past 3 out of 5 years rates business intelligence and analytics as the #1 priority. Said another way, those with predictive analytics skill sets will be in high demand for many years to come.
Come join us as we walk through the most common predictive analytics use cases, regardless of your industry. Example use cases we will demo include:
- Marketing to increase campaign profitability by targeting the right customers with the right products/services at the right time.
- Operations to reduce costs and improve efficiency (e.g. predictive maintenance of machinery)
- Planning & Forecasting to improve forecast accuracy and automation taking into consideration macro-economic factors
- Sales and Operations to optimize the demand and supply decisions via simulation analysis
- Integrating predictive analytics into Cognos BI to deliver the results to broad user communities
With IBM SPSS, the intuitive visual interface and built-in automation to deliver quick results allows organizations to put the power of predictive analytics in the hands of business analysts to create analytical assets without the need to have deep data mining knowledge. SPSS can be a completely customizable application specifically targeted to address business problems (e.g. claims, retention, cross-sell, etc). SPSS capabilities are truly ground breaking in the market and provide a significant competitive advantage to IBM’s customers. Customers that embed and apply predictive assets into the context of their business processes and systems realize the most benefits and ROI.
June 11, 2012 – Atlanta, GA
June 12, 2012 – Birmingham, AL
June 13, 2012 – Jackson, MS
June 14, 2012 – Nashville, TN
Click on the city near you for additional information. Space is limited so don’t miss out!