New Ironside IBM Cognos Framework Manager Curriculum Now Available
Ironside is happy to announce the release of our new, enhanced, and fully-revised Framework Manager curriculum. This update combines customer suggestions with expert insights from Ironside instructors and consultants to form the most comprehensive Framework Manager course available today. These two classes represent the current best-of-breed thinking around metadata modeling in the BI space.
Built around the latest IBM Cognos 10.2.1 technology, these two classes (Fundamentals and Advanced) provide a cumulative 5-day program that gradually builds a complete understanding of the metadata modeling process. Each chapter contains conceptual information and hands-on, practical demos and workshops.
New Course Features
Using the original Ironside Framework Manager curriculum as a foundation, we have developed many additions to it that further flesh out the intricacies of metadata modeling and supplement the already existing content. Below are some highlights of new material included in the Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced courses:
• Overview content describing in more depth how Framework Manager fits into and interacts with Cognos as a whole.
• Detailed descriptions of different database design structures and how best to make those structures available through Framework Manager.
• Key reporting requirements and how gathering them can set your project up for success.
• Deepened explorations of the core modeling layers and the objects used within them.
• Rich new chapters investigating DMR options in Framework Manager, determinants, and security.
• Full discussions of parameter maps, session parameters, and implementing them in calculations and filters.
• Enhanced content around accessing the SQL back end that governs how data appears in Framework Manager.
• Crucial performance tips and strategies for working in multi-modeler environments.
The top priority during the development process was to create course that provides an all-inclusive and cohesive understanding of all the Framework Manager features and functionality, promoting an understanding of the entire metadata modeling process from end to end. To achieve this, we enlisted the guidance of our technical trainers with years of Cognos and technical training experience, as well as our technical consultants, to provide real-world, practical modeling perspectives.
Below is a listing of the modules and topics covered in the Framework Manager curriculum.
Upcoming Framework Manager Classes
Below is a listing of several of the upcoming public Framework Manager courses.
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced Training Courses- Ohio
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 8:30 AM – Fri Apr 25, 2014, 4:30 PM
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced Training Courses- Detroit
Mon Apr 28, 2014, 8:30 AM – Fri May 2, 2014, 4:30 PM
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced Training Courses- Miami
Mon May 12, 2014, 8:30 AM – Fri May 16, 2014, 4:30 PM
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced Training Courses – Atlanta
Mon Jun 2, 2014, 8:30 AM – Fri Jun 6, 2014, 4:30 PM
IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager Fundamentals and Advanced Training Courses – DC
Mon Jun 16, 2014, 8:30 AM – Fri Jun 20, 2014, 4:30 PM