Bridge to IBM Cognos Analytics (V11)
IBM’s latest release has taken the reporting world into a new area of functionality and interaction. This class introduces seasoned report authors to the exciting world of IBM Cognos Analytics, also known as IBM Cognos 11. You’ll see how all users, from basic to advanced, can utilize one seamless, integrated interface and how all previous studios (Report Studio, Cognos Workspace Advanced, and Query Studio) have been re-engineered into one common but easily learned interface in version 11.
Upcoming Cognos Analytics Courses
Click on the link below to see a list of our upcoming Cognos Analytics training courses. If you can’t find what you are looking for, speak with a Training Specialist.
From the point of view of someone used to using Cognos 10, Ironside’s one-day Bridge to IBM Cognos Analytics course introduces the enhancements and improvements in functionality for experienced report authors and helps navigate the new version. We’ll show how functionally, most all of the features and functionality of Cognos Connection and Report Studio remain intact, though the methods of performing them have been consolidated and changed. Through detailed, hands-on activities, we’ll show you how to get started quickly in IBM Cognos Analytics.
Introduce the new Cognos 11 interface and its elements, such as task bars.
Show how to run existing reports, manage existing reports through folders and copying/deleting elements, and schedule reports to run.
Demonstrate how existing reports can be modified.
Create new reports in the new platform and perform common and advanced functions.
A good comprehension of Microsoft Windows and Office is mandatory. A knowledge of Cognos BI 10.x is also required.
High Level Curriculum
- Understanding and navigating the IBM Cognos Analytics Welcome Portal
- Managing Team Content and My Content
- Running, saving, printing, altering, and scheduling reports
- Starting new reports and selecting report formats, designs, and displays
- Navigating the Pages, Queries, Conditional, and Toolbox areas
- Performing common report functions (show/hide properties, totals, conditions, prompts, master-detail, unions, joins, external data, etc)